For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, July 29, 2011

Ups and Downs

I've had a good week, but woke up feeling crappy today. It seems like if I have a couple of good days, I have to pay for them with a couple of bad days. I put my hand on my neck this afternoon and found another swollen lymph node. After telling the NP yesterday that bone pain hasn't been a big issue, my legs and arms are achy today.  I've been kind of down and feeling sorry for myself today.

That said, I am still very much aware of all that we have to be thankful for:
I've been able to work 10-15/hrs per week from home.
My employer and coworkers have been supportive.
My family and friends are supportive.
Friends have been cooking wonderful meals for us.
Roger got a call from a contractor friend today offering him some temp work. It's even inside work with AC.
I don't have to have strong chemo. Instead, I can take meds at home.
I have not had any horrible side effects from my meds.
My oncologist is reputed to be a "super-genius" and his office is only 20 minutes from my house.

These are the flowers I received last week from my employer. Aren't they beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment