For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Beginning

Leukemia. The word invokes images of loss. Hair loss. Weight loss. Job loss. Energy loss. Normalcy loss. Loss of life. Children losing their mother. A husband losing his wife.

Cancer. Not just any cancer. An aggressive, deadly cancer. Remission maybe. But remission can end - today, next week, next month, next year. A guillotine waiting to fall.

Planning. Wills. Guardianship. Job. How much time?

How could I have leukemia and not even know I was sick? Sure, I was having some symptoms. But not symptoms of anything serious. Not cancer.

5 comments:

  1. Elizabeth....wow...I had no idea you were battling this disease. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this but I will keep you in my prayers. I will keep up with your progress through your blog. You are the 2nd person I know that has been diagnosed in the last few months. I wish you continued improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth. I am fortunate that the type of leukemia I have is very treatable, but I appreciate prayers that I will respond well to treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth. Leukemia is a horrible word, I don't care if it is the treatable kind. I know that your faith, determination and loving family and friends around you will see you through. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I'll be following and routing you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, I have added you to my prayer list - glad you have figured it out & sounds like you have some good support as you begin treatment. So glad to be able to stay in touch even from a distance. (((hugs))) Julie
    Psalm 91 has long been a favorite... trusting you will be "...dwelling in the secret place of the Most High & abiding under the shadow of the Almighty One"

    ReplyDelete