For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just an update

I have had more energy this week than last week. Maybe I am producing more red blood cells?

During tax season, there was a place on my neck that bothered me, but I didn't get it checked because I didn't have time. It was tender when I touched it, and it sometimes felt like something was swollen as compared to the other side of my neck. I figured it was probably a swollen lymph node, which can be serious, but can be caused by something as simple as post-nasal drip. Last week, it started hurting again in the exact same spot. I finally called the doctor's office today, and my appointment on Thursday has been changed from a "lab only" appointment to an office visit.  Please pray that it's related to the leukemia or allergies and not a symptom of anything else.

Several times, I have asked the doctor for a longer view of what to expect. When I was in the hospital, he told me to take it easy for six weeks and then we will re-evaluate.  Please pray that I will be able to return to working 25-30/hours per week by then.

He told me at one of my office visits that eventually, I will be able to do everything I could before. I've been reading some other CML blogs, and I know there are people who don't respond to medication, or they respond for awhile and then stop responding. I can't dwell on all the "what ifs," but it is scary to consider all the possibilities. Please pray that my body does respond to the medication and continues to respond for a good long time! Specifically, we want to get my blood counts normalized, then the number of cells with the BCR-ABL gene to a very low level.

2 comments:

  1. Will continue to pray...keep strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dia here. It is so unsettling to me to just read up on what all you've been going through in such a short amount of time. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. But, I've never known you as anything less than strong. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete