For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, August 12, 2011

Doctor's Orders: Live Your Life

I had a doctor appointment on Tuesday, nearly six weeks post-diagnosis. My white blood cell count was 3.9 and the counts related to red blood cells are all holding steady.  My doctor is very happy with how well I'm responding to Tasigna, so I don't have to go back for a month. Even better, he told me other than planning for my appointments with him and taking Tasigna twice a day on an empty stomach, I can just live my life. So, on Monday, I'm going to start working normal hours and in the office.

My sister Juanita and her boyfriend were here last weekend. On Friday, we went by my office to drop off and pick up files, then to the mall where Katie got her ears pierced, then to the grocery store. By the time we got home, I was very tired, but it was a good tired. A normal kind of tired.

This evening, Katie and I decided to enjoy the cooler weather and go for a walk. There is a slight hill on our street, and at least a year, when I went for a walk, my legs burned and I was short of breath by the time I got up the hill.  All this time I've been telling myself I need to exercise more because I'm so out of shape, and yet, I couldn't build any stamina even when I did exercise. Tonight, my legs didn't burn and I didn't get short of breath. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment